So while I can't take FULL credit for this one, I thought I would share it, as it has become one of my favorite go to's, when I'm looking for a quick lunch or even just a filling snack to hold me over while waiting for a bigger meal.
If you would like to see a live action video of me making this recipe in my magickal kitchen, please consider becoming a Patron, by signing up for my $5 Bonus Video Tier! On this tier, I usually upload exclusive spells, vlogs, blooper reels, behind the scenes, and quick recipes that don't end up making the cut on my main YouTube channel!
SPRINGTIME EGG SALAD RECIPE FOR OSTARA OR EASTER
COOKING TIME & SERVING SIZE
EGG BOILING TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOLING TIME: 2 MINUTES
MIXING TIME: 5 MINUTES
FULL MEAL COOK TIME: Approx. 20-25 minutes
SERVING SIZE: 1 egg for every slice of bread you plan on using
INGREDIENTS & TOOLS
1-2 Raw Eggs
A pot of water
A bowl of ice water
1/4 cup Mayonnaise (may substitute with hummus)
1 Tsp Golden brown mustard
1 TBSP of capers (Optional)
Pinch of sea salt
Dash of crushed black pepper
Sprinkle of fresh garden parsley
1 -2 pieces of bread, toasted to your liking
1. Fill your pot with water and place in your raw eggs
2. Bring your water to a boil, and then set your timer for 10 minutes.
3. As your eggs are boiling, fill a bowl (big enough to fit all your eggs) with ice and water. Place this bowl in your sink for now.
4. Once 10 minutes is up, remove your eggs from the boiling water, and place right into your ice water. Give them an ice water bath for 2 minutes. This shocks the eggs and stops the cooking process right away. It also cools them quickly and helps ease the shell removal process.
5. After 2 minutes, remove your eggs from your ice water bath and tap them lightly on a hard surface . Then gently roll the egg to loosen the shells. They should start to come off pretty easily. You can discard you eggshells in the garbage, but they are also great to save and crush into a powder and make Cascarilla, which is great for spring cleaning rituals. You can also use them as a plant food or compost as egg shells are packed with amazing nutrients which are GREAT for your houseplants and your outdoor gardens!
6. After removing the shells, just run your now hardboiled eggs under some water to get rid of any excess shells hanging on to their surface.
7. Place them in a bowl, and begin to cut them into small pieces.
8. Add your mayonnaise, golden brown mustard, capers (optional), a pinch of sea salt, a dash of crushed black pepper, and a sprinkle of your garden parsley, to taste.
9. Mix that all up and set aside, while you toast your bread!
10. Add a heaping spoonful to your bread, you can eat this open faced and add a bit more sprinkle of sea salt and fresh parsley on top to garnish. Or you can eat this as a closed sandwich, or even on a bagel, english muffin, or even crackers for a lighter snack!
That is pretty much it you guys! Very simple! I hope you enjoyed this quick spring time recipe and are all having a lovely time celebrating the Spring season, whether you are celebrating the vernal equinox (Ostara) or Easter if you follow the traditions of Christianity, or even just celebrate Easter commercially.
Til next time!
Enjoy My Recipes?
I consider myself quite the kitchen witch! I love enchanting my food with magickal herbs, spices, and incantations!
WATCH MY WITCHIN' KITCHEN VIDEO PLAYLIST ON YOUTUBE!