This recipe is from my Summerween 2022 Part 2: Carving a Jack O' Melon Vlog, which you can watch here! This recipe is one of my favorites, as all the flavors are so summery and fresh!
2 spicy italian sausage links
Half an onion
2 cups of uncooked baby spinach
Salt & Pepper
Crushed Red Pepper
1 TBSP Olive Oil
2 cups of uncooked corkscrew pasta
Veggie & Sausage Mixture
1. Remove the casings from your 2 spicy italian sausage links and set aside.
2. Chop half an onion and set to the site.
3. Coat a frying pan or skillet with your olive oil and place on medium to high heat.
4. After your pan is nice and hot, add your onions and saute until they become translucent.
5. Add your raw baby spinach and saute with onion until your spinach cooks down. Feel free to add as much spinach as desired, because it does cook down quite a bit, so it is hard to tell how much spinach you'll actually have once it is cooked down.
6. Start breaking apart and ground your sausage into the veggie mixture in the pan. Cook sausage until browned.
7. Add more spinach if desired.
8. Salt & Pepper to taste, and add a dash or crushed red pepper flakes.
9. Turn the heat off, and put a lit on it while you cook your pasta.
Cooking Your Pasta
1. Fill a pot with water add 1 Tbsp of salt and place on high heat until your water comes to a boil.
2. Add your 2 cups of uncooked corkscrew pasta and keep stirring for the next 1 -2 minutes until the starches start to release in the water. You want to stir your pasta as soon as you put it in the water to prevent sticking. Once the starches release, it will no longer stick together.
3. Cook for about 10 minutes, and taste it. I like to cook it al dente which gives it a nice bite.
4. Time to strain! Do not rinse! Let's keep all of that yummy starchy goodness in the pasta! It adds more flavor!
5. Add your strained pasta to your pan with your sausage and veggies, and stir to combine thoroughly.
6. Serve your pasta to each bowl, top with grated parmesan cheese and a sprig of fresh basil!
Did you try this recipe? Show me on the gram! Tag me in your photos @BohemianMagicStudios on Instagram!
Enjoy My Recipes?
I consider myself quite the kitchen witch! I love enchanting my food with magickal herbs, spices, and incantations!
WATCH MY WITCHIN' KITCHEN VIDEO PLAYLIST ON YOUTUBE!