This is a yummy and refreshing frozen elixir that you can enjoy all summer long!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
One 8 oz glass per person
A Shot Glass
Your alcohol of choice (rum, tequila, or vodka)
1 Cup of Freshly Pressed Watermelon Juice per person
A few sprigs of Mint
Lots of Ice!
2 small plates
1. Fill 8 oz. glass with ice and measure out one shot of your desired alcohol into the glass.
2. Now fill the rest of the glass with your freshly pressed watermelon juice. I can show you how to press your own fresh watermelon juice in this recipe blog post here! I also demonstrate how to do so in my Summerween Vlog part 2 where we explore all things watermelon!
3. Add the contents of each glass you prepare per person, into your blender. Add extra ice to your desired amount. The more ice you add, the slushier it will be. Blend on highest setting.
4. Now let's rim our glass! Get out your 2 small plates. Coat the bottom of one with your honey, and coat the bottom of the other one with your Tajin seasoning. Dip your glass into the plate with the honey and twist it a couple times so the honey coats the rim all the way around. Now dip your honey rimmed glass into the plate with your Tajin seasoning. Make sure it's coated all the way around.
5. Fill your glass with your slushy watermelon elixir!
6. Roll your lime to get the juice going, and cut in half. Juice one half.
7. Add your splash of lime juice and a splash of your cucumber bitters to your glass for refreshing essence and extra flavor! I used Cucumber Bitters from The Bitter Truth. You can purchase it on Amazon here through my affiliate link!
6. Cut your other half of your lime into wedges and place one on the edge of your glass, along with a sprig of mint as garnish!
Did you try this recipe? Show me on the gram! Tag me in your photos @BohemianMagicStudios!
This recipe is from my Summerween 2022 Part 2: Carving a Jack O' Melon Vlog, which you can watch here! This recipe is one of my favorites, as all the flavors are so summery and fresh!
2 spicy italian sausage links
Half an onion
2 cups of uncooked baby spinach
Salt & Pepper
Crushed Red Pepper
1 TBSP Olive Oil
2 cups of uncooked corkscrew pasta
Veggie & Sausage Mixture
1. Remove the casings from your 2 spicy italian sausage links and set aside.
2. Chop half an onion and set to the site.
3. Coat a frying pan or skillet with your olive oil and place on medium to high heat.
4. After your pan is nice and hot, add your onions and saute until they become translucent.
5. Add your raw baby spinach and saute with onion until your spinach cooks down. Feel free to add as much spinach as desired, because it does cook down quite a bit, so it is hard to tell how much spinach you'll actually have once it is cooked down.
6. Start breaking apart and ground your sausage into the veggie mixture in the pan. Cook sausage until browned.
7. Add more spinach if desired.
8. Salt & Pepper to taste, and add a dash or crushed red pepper flakes.
9. Turn the heat off, and put a lit on it while you cook your pasta.
Cooking Your Pasta
1. Fill a pot with water add 1 Tbsp of salt and place on high heat until your water comes to a boil.
2. Add your 2 cups of uncooked corkscrew pasta and keep stirring for the next 1 -2 minutes until the starches start to release in the water. You want to stir your pasta as soon as you put it in the water to prevent sticking. Once the starches release, it will no longer stick together.
3. Cook for about 10 minutes, and taste it. I like to cook it al dente which gives it a nice bite.
4. Time to strain! Do not rinse! Let's keep all of that yummy starchy goodness in the pasta! It adds more flavor!
5. Add your strained pasta to your pan with your sausage and veggies, and stir to combine thoroughly.
6. Serve your pasta to each bowl, top with grated parmesan cheese and a sprig of fresh basil!
Did you try this recipe? Show me on the gram! Tag me in your photos @BohemianMagicStudios on Instagram!
You can watch me make these in my Summerween 2022 Part 1 Video HERE:
For this recipe you will need
5-7 shrimp per person
Salt & Pepper
1. Defrost your shrimp in lukewarm water for about 15-20 minutes. Drain your shrimp, and dab off excess water with a paper towel. Put a paper towel down on your counter and place your shrimp on top of the towel. Take another paper towel and dab the tops. Add to your mixing bowl.
2. Season your shrimp with your salt, pepper, and Tajin.
3. Prep your lime, by rolling it to loosen the juices. Cut in half.
4. Oil your pan and turn your burner on medium to high heat.
5. Once your pan is hot, add your shrimp and toss them. Add your minced garlic, and toss again for another 30 seconds to a minute until they just turn completely pink.
6. Take them off the heat immediately and add to your serving bowl.
7. Squeeze half a lime's juice onto your shrimp and toss. Top with some chopped cilantro. Add your other half a lime to your bowl as garnish.
That is the recipe for the filling. You can pair this with any taco accoutrements! You can use either flour or corn tortillas, or crunchy taco shells. Or cut the shrimp into smaller bits and sprinkle over nachos and eat as a nacho bowl. Some delicious things to add are yellow rice, fresh salsa, refried beans, crema, guacamole, olives, tomatoes, lettuce, hot sauce, sour cream, etc. The possibilities are endless! Get creative!
These are a fun addition to any summertime meal, or summerween celebration! :-)
Enjoy My Recipes?
I consider myself quite the kitchen witch! I love enchanting my food with magickal herbs, spices, and incantations!
WATCH MY WITCHIN' KITCHEN VIDEO PLAYLIST ON YOUTUBE!