Witchin’ Kitchen | Strawberry Hibiscus Rose Moon Milk Recipe | Elixir for the Strawberry Moon of June
As promised, here is the written recipe for this MAGICKAL Strawberry Hibiscus Rose Moon Milk Elixir in celebration of the Strawberry Moon of June! Feel free to gather your ingredients, and follow along with the video above for some magickal inspiration!
Hibiscus is used for its magickal properties of divination & love. It is often used in love/self-love spells. It is known to be a powerful aphrodisiac and useful in spells & rituals to increase lust. Ruled by the element of water, planet/goddess Venus, zodiac Scorpio, gender Feminine.
Rose is also great to use in spells for love/self-love , but also commonly used to increase luck & overall happiness and positive energy. Ruled by the element of water, planet/goddess Venus, zodiac Taurus, and gender Feminine.
Strawberry is ruled by the element of water, planet Venus, Goddess Freya, Zodiac Scorpio, Gender Feminine. It's magickal properties include problem solving, overcoming boundaries through love, luck & fertility. Strawberries are most associated with the Sacral chakra, the chakra of sensuality and creativity. It is the energy center of pleasure and enjoyment of life.
STRAWBERRY HIBISCUS ROSE MOON MILK RECIPE
INGREDIENTS TO SERVE 1
1/2 of Freshly Washed and Cut Strawberries
1 Cup of Coconut Milk
1 Tsp Ground Ginger
1 TBSP Brown Sugar
Crushed Pink Himalayan Sea Salt (ground to taste)
3-4 Organic Dried Hibiscus Petals
A handful Organic Rose Petals
1-2 Teaspoons of Grated Fresh Ginger
1-2 Drops DoTerra Cardamom Essential Oil (click to purchase from my retail page)
1/2 Cup Almond Milk
1-2 Whole Strawberries to Garnish
TOOLS & UTENSILS
A blender or magic bullet
A Knife/Cutting Board
Mortar & Pestle
A small saucepan
A teacup & Saucer
1. Wash, hull & cut a 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries into quarters.
2. In a blender or magic bullet, add your strawberries along with 1 cup coconut milk, 1 tsp ground ginger, 1 tbsp sugar, a couple grinds of pink Himalayan Sea Salt. Blend it all together.
3. In your mortar & pestle, grind up 3-4 organic dried hibiscus petals and a handful of organic rose petals. You can even rip apart the rose petals more, to bring out the oils and make your mixture more fragrant and flavorful.
4. Get out your saucepan, and add your blended strawberry/coconut milk mixture.
5. Also to your saucepan, add some fresh ground ginger root, 1-2 drops of DoTerra Cardamom Essential Oil and STIR!
6. Set your saucepan on the stove, and place on low heat. Stir it constantly until it comes to a simmer.
7. Add 1/2 cup almond milk
8. Once it starts to froth and bubble, it's done! Turn the heat off, and pour your heated mixture into your tea cup.
9. Sprinkle your dried hibiscus/rose petal garnish on top of your moon milk latte, in the shape of a crescent moon.
10. Add another sprinkle of crushed Himalayan Sea Salt to taste. and garnish your saucer with a whole fresh strawberry... AND ENJOY!
HELLO WITCHY POOS AND HAPPY STRAWBERRY MOON!
A week ago, I polled you guys to see if you wanted my Strawberry Moon Shrimp Salad recipe, and some of you did, so I thought I would share it with you! I have recently started cleaning up my diet, so eating fresh fruits and greens, mixed with some protein, is a GREAT way to satisfy your hunger during the hot summer months. When it's hot out, I don't exactly crave huge and heavy meals, and whether or not the same is for you, you can still add this as an addition or side dish to any meal. This is SUPER simple!
This takes maybe 10-15 minutes to make and measurements are for 1 person, so if you are serving more, adjust accordingly!
In a bowl, Defrost/clean about 8 shrimp
In a separate bowl, combine the following:
In a frying pan, add the following
Once your shrimp are defrosted, start up the heat on your frying pan, and saute your shrimp in the garlic and olive oil.
As the shrimp starts turning pink, add a pinch of pink himalayan sea salt and some crushed black pepper. The excess water from the shrimp, combined with the olive oil and garlic, should make a nice sauce. Now, you don't want to cook your shrimp for too long, or it will get leathery! They're usually good to go, a few seconds after turning completely pink. Now take all your contents from the pan and add to your salad bowl with your spinach/strawberries.
Now cut a lemon, and using half, squirt the juice over your whole salad, and mix altogether! Add another dash of sea salt & crushed black pepper to taste. VIOLA! A nice and simple, light and fresh summer salad! This is great for a quick and healthy summer lunch or light dinner. ENJOY!
HAPPY STRAWBERRY MOON & MIDSUMMER!
GET MORE MAGICKAL RECIPES FOR THE SABBATS & SEASON ON MY FOOD BLOG
So while I can't take FULL credit for this one, I thought I would share it, as it has become one of my favorite go to's, when I'm looking for a quick lunch or even just a filling snack to hold me over while waiting for a bigger meal.
If you would like to see a live action video of me making this recipe in my magickal kitchen, please consider becoming a Patron, by signing up for my $5 Bonus Video Tier! On this tier, I usually upload exclusive spells, vlogs, blooper reels, behind the scenes, and quick recipes that don't end up making the cut on my main YouTube channel!
SPRINGTIME EGG SALAD RECIPE FOR OSTARA OR EASTER
COOKING TIME & SERVING SIZE
EGG BOILING TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOLING TIME: 2 MINUTES
MIXING TIME: 5 MINUTES
FULL MEAL COOK TIME: Approx. 20-25 minutes
SERVING SIZE: 1 egg for every slice of bread you plan on using
INGREDIENTS & TOOLS
1-2 Raw Eggs
A pot of water
A bowl of ice water
1/4 cup Mayonnaise (may substitute with hummus)
1 Tsp Golden brown mustard
1 TBSP of capers (Optional)
Pinch of sea salt
Dash of crushed black pepper
Sprinkle of fresh garden parsley
1 -2 pieces of bread, toasted to your liking
1. Fill your pot with water and place in your raw eggs
2. Bring your water to a boil, and then set your timer for 10 minutes.
3. As your eggs are boiling, fill a bowl (big enough to fit all your eggs) with ice and water. Place this bowl in your sink for now.
4. Once 10 minutes is up, remove your eggs from the boiling water, and place right into your ice water. Give them an ice water bath for 2 minutes. This shocks the eggs and stops the cooking process right away. It also cools them quickly and helps ease the shell removal process.
5. After 2 minutes, remove your eggs from your ice water bath and tap them lightly on a hard surface . Then gently roll the egg to loosen the shells. They should start to come off pretty easily. You can discard you eggshells in the garbage, but they are also great to save and crush into a powder and make Cascarilla, which is great for spring cleaning rituals. You can also use them as a plant food or compost as egg shells are packed with amazing nutrients which are GREAT for your houseplants and your outdoor gardens!
6. After removing the shells, just run your now hardboiled eggs under some water to get rid of any excess shells hanging on to their surface.
7. Place them in a bowl, and begin to cut them into small pieces.
8. Add your mayonnaise, golden brown mustard, capers (optional), a pinch of sea salt, a dash of crushed black pepper, and a sprinkle of your garden parsley, to taste.
9. Mix that all up and set aside, while you toast your bread!
10. Add a heaping spoonful to your bread, you can eat this open faced and add a bit more sprinkle of sea salt and fresh parsley on top to garnish. Or you can eat this as a closed sandwich, or even on a bagel, english muffin, or even crackers for a lighter snack!
That is pretty much it you guys! Very simple! I hope you enjoyed this quick spring time recipe and are all having a lovely time celebrating the Spring season, whether you are celebrating the vernal equinox (Ostara) or Easter if you follow the traditions of Christianity, or even just celebrate Easter commercially.
Til next time!
I come to you with another QUICK AND EASY magickal recipe from the "QUICK WITCH KITCHEN", cuz sometimes when you're knee deep in Apothecary Illustrations, ain't nobody got time to be stopping to make a gourmet meal! Gotta keep the productivity going, while still getting on that quick protein. This dish is just that! Quick, easy, nutritious, and great for the busy witch!
These are also an EGG-cellent :-P way to celebrate Ostara, even if you can't REALLY celebrate the way you want to. Incorporating egg dishes into your sabbat celebrations, or even using them to decorate your altar spaces are great ways to honor the sabbat!
So without further A'dieu, I bring to you my quick and easy recipe for these adorable mini spinach quiche snacks for you to enjoy this Spring!
2 Tablespoons of Cheese Blend of Your Choice
1/4 cup of Raw Baby Spinach
1 Tsp of Minced Garlic
1 TBSP Olive Oil
1-2 TBSP of Butter
A small bowl to mix your eggs
Spatula or wooden spoon
2-3 Mini Pie Tins
Oven Pan/Baking sheet
1. Crack your eggs into your bowl, and use your fork to scramble them up.
2. Add your salt & crushed black pepper, and your cheese blend of choice to your egg mixture. Set that aside for now.
3. Coat your frying pan with olive oil and add your minced garlic. Heat it up until it starts simmering/bubbling.
4. Add your baby spinach to the pan, and sauté until it is cooked all the way through. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Get out your mini tins and grease them with your butter.
6. Add some of your cooked baby spinach to your tins, and top each with your egg mixture.
7. Place on your baking sheet and pop into your toaster oven at 400 Degrees for about 15 minutes or until the tops start looking a bit browned. Don't let cook for too long after that point, or they will burn easily.
8. Take them out, let them cool before removing them from their tins.
9. Plate up, serve and enjoy!
If you tried this recipe, I'd love to see your creations! Take a photo and tag me on Instagram @BohemianMagicStudios!
Hello Magickal Beings!
Happy First Harvest, and Blessed Lammas/Lughnasadh to all! I am always a little sad when Lammas rolls around because it means the almost end of summer. However, I must admit, I always get excited for all the beauty and coziness that comes with Fall: turning inward, and embracing introspection once again.
But summer is not over yet! First we must celebrate this beautiful sabbat in honor of our first harvest. This sabbat is all about GRATITUDE, ABUNDANCE, FERTILITY, STRENGTH, MANIFESTATION, just to name a few key terms! It's the time of year to harvest all the fruits of our hard labor since the last frost this past winter. Those first seeds we planted come the spring are now growing wild with its ripened fruits on the vine.
We have also just celebrated the Full Blueberry Moon, which is the best time to pick our ripened blueberries off the vine, and put them to use in some yummy cakes and pies! Some other notable representations of First Harvest are Corn, Lavender, Wheat, Lemons, and Breads. I thought all of these flavors would be great together in one recipe, to celebrate the season and sabbat! So below I will be showing you how to make this Lammas Blueberry Cornbread with a Lemon Lavender Glaze!
WATCH MY YOUTUBE VIDEO HERE!
BLUEBERRY CORNBREAD RECIPE
BLUEBERRY CORNBREAD INGREDIENTS
LEMON LAVENDER GLAZE
EXTRA MAGICKAL TIDBITS!
Place your cornbread on a beautiful platter and adorn with fresh cut flowers. Sunflowers are a big symbol around this time. I used these cute helianthus! Just check for bugs before putting near your food! You can use this bread platter as an offering on your Lammas altar. Or you can cut a little piece and leave as a little fairy offering outside in your garden. You can put it in a little seashell or acorn cap! Fairies LOVE their sweet cakes and breads!
Thank you so much for using my recipe! If you tried this, I would love to see your photos! Tag me on INSTAGRAM @BOHEMIANMAGICSTUDIOS!
Hello Magickal Beings!
I had done this recipe as a prep to relax me before my FULL MOON TEA PARTY in celebration of the FULL BUCK MOON this past July. I host these virtual tea parties in my private Facebook community for my Patreon Patrons, every month! Please see the below video for a visual demonstration on how I prepare this warming bedtime elixir! However, if you would like the text recipe, please scroll below!
INGREDIENTS & TOOLS
*During Step 7 - As you are stirring your magickal elixir concoction and are focusing your intention, you may say a few words to charge your mixture with your intent. You can say:
"Oh Magickal Elixir, I fill you with the soft lavender light of the heavenly realm to aid me in my divinational dream work and bless me with a restful night's sleep. Tomorrow I will awake rested, and abundant with messages from my ancestors, spirit guides, and divine forces who help guide me on my path. So Mote it Be! "
As you drink your Moon Milk Elixir, envision it filling you with a soft purple light, infusing your body with the ability to dream vividly and interpret them. Don't forget to record these dreams into your dream journal or book of shadows!
If you try this recipe, be sure to tag me in your photos on Instagram so I can see your beautiful elixirs! Tag me @BohemianMagicStudios!
Hello Magickal Beings!
I hope you all had a wonderful Midsummer Solstice and Merry Litha! I hope you are enjoying the slowness of summer, tending to your gardens and knocking some unfinished projects off your to-do list! Before you know it, we'll be turning in for the colder seasons once again. Not quite yet though! We still have a couple more months left to tend our gardens and brave the heat! Even our plants and flowers might be subject to a bit of a draught, so I did some research and found out that a very special flower that I planted in my very own garden, holds some very magickal properties that are said to be used in RAIN MAGICK!
According to Scott Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs, "If pansies are picked when dew is still on them, it will soon rain"! I also found out that Pansies are in fact EDIBLE! As I was thumbing through my copy of Midsummer: Rituals, Recipes, & Lore for Litha, I found a recipe for Shortbread Cookies, when all of these concepts simultaneously crossed paths in my mind. I thought it would be cool to create my own version of this Shortbread Cookie, using Pansies as a topping, and when eaten, it would serve as an intentional blessing to keep my garden well watered by the skies through the hot summer. So I searched for pansy shortbread cookies to see if I could find out how to secure them to the tops of the cookies when I came across a recipe by Sugar and Charm.
The actual recipe I used was a bit of a cross between the recipe I found in the Midsummer Book and Sugar and Charm's website, as well as some add-ons and amendments I made, putting my own spin on things. Instead of the Rosemary as used in the Midsummer Book, I used culinary lavender buds instead, as well as orange zest and some drops of DoTerra's Wild Orange Essential Oil for an extra zesty taste!
Before I get into this recipe, you can actually watch me pick pansies and bake these cookies, along with some other recipes and projects for the Midsummer season in my Youtube Vlog here:
SHORTBREAD COOKIE DIRECTIONS
When your cookies are room temperature, now it's time to have fun decorating them with our beautiful edible pansy flowers! LET'S GO SNIPPETYBIP SOME PANSIES!
PICK YOUR PANSIES!
It is perfectly fine if these are not growing in your own garden. You might be able to find these or other edible flowers at your local grocery store, or specialty store. But if you DO have these in your garden, why not put them to good use!?!? And if you don't, these are a great flower to have in your garden, and you should definitely make a note to plant them next year! They actually will do well if you plant them in the fall... they enjoy the cooler weather much better!
DISCLAIMER: It is important to make sure that your pansies are certified organic, and don't contain any pesticides before using them for culinary purposes. DO NOT get them at a florist. Pick them from your own garden or purchase in the grocery store where they are sold with the intention of being ingested.
COOKIE TOPPING INGREDIENTS
SET YOUR INTENTION!
Now it is time to try one! When you eat your rain magick cookie, set the intention and picture Mother Earth opening her arms and sprinkling her refreshing water onto your blossoming garden. Envision your garden thriving, and reaffirm that you will have a bountiful harvest come the Lammas sabbat! After you finish your cookie, seal it with "SO MOTE IT BE!" and thank Gaia for all of her blessings.
If you try this recipe, post it to Instagram and tag me @BohemianMagicStudios so I can see your lovely creations!
THANKS FOR READING!
SHOP PRODUCTS FROM THIS POST
Watch me plant my pansies this past Spring!
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR MORE MAGICKAL VIDEOS!
Hello My Magickal Beings!
I wanted to share this magickal summer recipe with you today! This is a recipe that my father always made for me growing up, and it's one that would keep me cool, as it is a nice a refreshing, garden dish for the hot summer months. I know it sounds a bit odd, mixing citrus with olive and salt and pepper, but TRUST ME ON THIS! This will wake up your taste buds, there's no doubt about it!!
You can see me make this recipe in my VLOG FOR THE MIDSUMMER SOLSTICE (2020) HERE! But if you want a text version without having to scroll through a long video, I gotchu!
This is great to pair with a nice refreshingly quenching sparkling water with citrus essential oil essences. I added some Lime Essential Oil to mine, but you can add any of DoTerra's 9 other Citrus Oils for some summertime fruity pizzazz! Read my blog post on DoTerra's Citrus Oils for more information and to purchase!
If you try this recipe, post it to Instagram and tag me @BohemianMagicStudios so I can see your creations!
Thanks for reading!
Enjoy My Recipes?
I consider myself quite the kitchen witch! I love enchanting my food with magickal herbs, spices, and incantations!
WATCH MY WITCHIN' KITCHEN VIDEO PLAYLIST ON YOUTUBE!